[Asterisk-Users] Re: Booting error - Unable to specify channel 2:

randulo randulo at ssl-mail.com
Mon Apr 12 08:39:09 MST 2004

> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Booting error - Unable to specify channel 2:
> 	No such device

I just went through all this as well. The best thing to do IMHO is to
try to find a way to manually assign IRQ in the BIOS. Also, and this is
what I didn't see at first, some slots SHARE IRQ. Avoid this! If you are
not using USB at all, turn it off in BIOS if possible. Tell the BIOS
"NOT INSTALLED" for any peripherals not installed. I was able to remove
parallel and serial interfaces as well since nothing is connect to this
box. Here's what I have now:

   0:   27713309          XT-PIC  timer
   1:        167          XT-PIC  keyboard
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   3:  277073215          XT-PIC  wctdm  <------ TDM410
   4:    1114724          XT-PIC  eth0
   7:  277082652          XT-PIC  wcfxo  <------ X100P
   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
   9:  277077218          XT-PIC  wcfxo  <------ X100P
  12:          0          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
  14:     102780          XT-PIC  ide0
  15:          3          XT-PIC  ide1

hth