[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940G/7960G SIP phones local echo on * box.

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Mon Apr 12 07:21:24 MST 2004

At 12:12 AM 4/12/2004, you wrote:
>On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 13:01, Tom wrote:
> > Our new * server with Cisco SIP phones is now working pretty well.  But we
> > still have one problem that has not been resolved.
> >
> > The Cisco SIP phones have a consistent echo.  It sounds like about a 500ms
> > delay.  This echo is not heard from the POTS side.  It is heard when
> > calling another SIP extension in our office.  We are running 6.3 firmware
> > on the phones.

To clarify my own message, there is no echo when calling local extensions
SIP to SIP.  There is severe echo when calling through POTS (with the X101P
cards) though.  But it is only heard on the SIP phones (inside).  The POTS
callers do not hear an echo.  Turning echo cancellation on or off or with
different values in zapata.conf made no difference.

Thanks,

Tom