[Asterisk-Users] *** MGCP on the menu? Check today's special!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Apr 12 00:34:37 MST 2004

If you're using MGCP, we need your help. There's a patch in bugs.digium.com that
needs testing by the community. Please spend some time testing and adding your
comments to the bug tracker.

The author writes:
------------------
  I'm trying to make work Asterisk against a Cisco IAD2431 with chan_mgcp. Since chan_mgcp assumes the Line package is the default which is
not the usual with Cisco's GW I made a little patch which signals the package. Also the event "cg" is on Generic Media package so I changed
"cg" to "G/cg". I can make and receive calls now and I think it shouldn't hurt others MGCP endpoints.

There are other problems, for example Cisco don't like how Asterisk signals more than one codec, since a:PCMU;PCMA should be used instead of
a:PCMU, a:PCMA. And chan_mgcp always uses ulaw as the default even if a use "allow" in mgcp.conf. I'll try to make GSM work and some other
stuff, like hook flash transfer and then send another patch since that could break interoperation with others mgcp GWs.
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000693

Thank you for your help!

/Olle