[Asterisk-Users] Hot plug PCI?

Yury Bokhoncovich byg at center-f1.ru
Sun Apr 11 22:08:04 MST 2004

Hello!

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Steve Underwood wrote:

> I haven't tried with a recent Compaq, but a couple of years ago the hot
> plug slots were a joke. It was nearly impossible to swap a card without
> disturbing the others in the chassis, and crashing the server. The cards

Did you mean Compaq's hot-plug PCI?
IBM RS/6000 has REALLY hot-plug PCI slots at least circa 1997.
My friend had been working at that time with some RS/6000system (two
independent computers in big-tower cases and one shared disk-array in
the same size case) and had succefully swaped those beast on my shocked
eyes.:) There was AIX at work IIRC.

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg at center-f1.ru.