[Asterisk-Users] Local Calling Area database?

Jonathan Biggs jon_209 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 19:35:19 MST 2004

Lots of responses, but here is my 2 Cents of what
works well for me

Downloaded my local NPA/NXX combinations from
following web site.

http://members.dandy.net/~czg/search.html

Added them to the internal Asterisk DB with DB put

So when an outbound call comes,  I strip off the
NPA, NXX, do a lookup in the internal DB,
If found, dial Zap, If not found, does goto and dials
out my voicepulse.

Yes, I have to maintain this database, but I can do
this 2 or 3 times a year.

Had to do this because I have 136 local NPA/NXX
combinations.

Good luck

exten =>
_9NXXNXXXXXX,1,DBget(IsLocal=${EXTEN:1:3}/${EXTEN:4:3})
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/1/${EXTEN:1}|60
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,102,Goto(150)

150 does the voicepulse dialout