[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-2000

San Singhania san at lantone.com.sg
Sat Apr 10 13:04:57 MST 2004

Hello,

I am very new to asterisk and voip in general and so far have managed to get the FXO card and a few sip phones working fine. My question is where does the Sipura SPA 2000 come in the picture? Can it be used as an extension (i.e FXS) ? Or is it to be used as a line (i.e FXO)? Or it can be used as both? My understanding is that its just like another ATA186. Is that true?

I guess what I want to know is that if I can use the SPA 2000 as a FXO. And if I can, are there any issues I need to be aware of. I am going to
rely very heavily on conferencing so if the SPA 2000 can be used as a FXO, will it be suitable for this purpose?

Thanks

San