[Asterisk-Users] Analogue telephone cards for the UK

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Apr 9 15:59:13 MST 2004

Paul Tyreman [paul at tyreman.org.uk] wrote:
> (Article auto-converted from unnecessary HTML to nice plain text.)
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a telephone card that will fit into the
> PCI slot on my PC and work with the UK telephone system (BT) ?
>
> I would really like the retailer to be based in the UK if at all possible

The nice people at TelAppliant will sell you an analogue FXO card,
and are based in London, England.  See here:

    http://www.voiptalk.org/

The Digium X100P (well, the X101P now) works in England with the notable
exception of support for BT's caller ID.

> Also, is there any way to set up asterisk so that only certain phones can
> make external calls, but all phones can receive incoming calls if they
> are routed to that phones by some sort of auto attendant ?

All phones should be allocated a context from which to begin their
search of the dialplan (extensions.conf).  Phones can all be told to
start from the same context or can start from different contexts,
as you see fit.  You can then include other contexts into the various
"top-level" contexts you set up, as appropriate for your application.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz