[Asterisk-Users] Different PTSN Hangup problem

Kyle Hagan khagan at nuvoinc.com
Thu Apr 8 16:10:07 MST 2004

 Have a question. Similar to others problems.

the PTSN doesnt detect a hangup when going to voicemail. So it continues to
record until time limit is reached.
I CANT use Silence Detections because its plugged into single line
extentions on our OLD Fujitsu starlog and as soon as they hang up a fast
busy is played from the Fujitsu system. So I get a 15 second message and
they hang up and the rest is fast busy signal.

 We are going to start off using asterisk as a voice mail system with some
sip clients attached to our Fujitsu. But it will be bad if every message
saved to the voicemail is going to be large (60seconds), even if the message
is only 10 sec or the user hangs up before leaving a message. If they press
# after every message it would be ok I guess.

Can anyone think of anything I can try??

Kyle