[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-Users] Réf. : Re: [Asterisk-Users] Fritz ISDN PCI v2 and CAPI

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 11:41:32 MST 2004

As far as I am aware the only drivers for the avm fritz card that
provide capi support are the avm fcpci driver and the new modular ISDN
driver mISDN. The generic HiSaX driver is not compatible with CAPI.

If you want to use chan_capi you must have a properly configured capi
middleware system running in kernel and a compatible driver underneath
it.

I.e.
Chan_capi    ---- user space
---------
capi middleware ---- kernel space
capi compliant driver (fcpci.o or mISDN.o)

However I think that there are still some unresolved issues with the
chan_capi/fcpci combination with Fritz V2 cards, I seem to remember some
messages on this list a while ago.

Whilst I am here, has anyone found a real fix for the dreaded,

kernel: capidrv-1: controller dead ??
kernel: capidrv-1: listen_change_state state=3 event=1 ????

messages, which seems to be related to power save mode in BT System Y
Exchanges.

Roger