[Asterisk-Users] IAX call traceability

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Apr 8 11:36:28 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 07:44, Velimir Novkovic wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> On IAX topic.
>
> Is there a way to know from which * box the call has originated and onto
> which box the call is terminating before call terminates? Can the call
> be trapped efficiently (from dial-plan or such) before leaving network
> of * servers to PSTN (e.g. voice prompt "Your calling party is outside
> of free-phone domain. Do you want to proceed?")
>
> Suggestions, thoughts - appreciated.

I think that depends on how you implement your network.

If you blindly dial from one side to the other, then no because you are
transfering control to the remote machine to take control.

If you use switch statements, you effectively share your dialplan with
the remote machines and they then can query if you have matches. You
could implement a new application that looked for a dialplan match
without doing a real dial. Then you could then implement your dialplans
with a free context and a non-free context which are linked to your
local dialplans via switch statements. You can then testdial a extention
in your free context to see if it comes back with a match, then test
dial using the non-free context.

I think you will want to look at pbx_find_extension in pbx.c