[Asterisk-Users] Agi and bridging problem when codecs differ

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Apr 8 11:27:15 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 03:23, Ron McMillin wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I have encountered this problem: if the caller is connected to the
> callee using Dial() command called from extensions in extensions.conf,
> there is no problem.  But if the same caller and callee are connected
> using an AGI->exec('Dial'...), the line is disconnected when asnwer.
> There's a problem bridging.  If the codecs are the same on both ends
> then there is no problem.
>   Is it different to call Dial from extension.conf than to call from
> AGI->exec('Dial'...)?

While not a solution to the real problem, here is a work around for
similar functionality.

Since the dial should effectively kill the agi app, just set the
context, exten and priority to continue on via the agi interface and
exit. You will then be dumped into the dial plan at the appropriate dial
function to fix your codec problem.

>From the technical standpoint, I wonder if this is maybe a EAGI app, or
if there had been some form of recording going on that changed the codec
and then during the exec(dial) you don't reset the codec and it assumes
it is one thing when it isn't anymore. This is totally a guess and not
necessarily fact.