[Asterisk-Users] Using Skinny with a 7905G phone

Chris Barnett chris.barnett at insphire.com
Thu Apr 8 10:31:07 MST 2004

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a Cisco 7905g IP Phone to work with our Asterisk
server but I'm having problems getting the phone to answer a call or
make a call. I'm using the stable branch of the asterisk CVS on a RH9
box.

I have got the phone to register with * and it retrieves it's extension
number, date & time etc., but when I pick the handset up it's just dead
silence (but I get tones when pressing the numbers on the keypad). There
are no debug messages or otherwise shown on the * console (even with
very verbose turned on and skinny debugging turned on).

If I ring the phone from a SIP PC softphone (X-Ten lite) the phone rings
but continues to ring even when the handset is picked up - until the 20
seconds timeout occurs and the call is transferred to the extensions
voicemail box. When the call is made I do see debug messages telling me
the call is being made and sent to the skinny extension.

I have experimented with allowing and disallowing various formats to no
avail. I'm sure I've missed something out but after many days and hours
searching every resource I can find I haven't been able to progress any
further - any ideas what I've done wrong or missed out - or is what I am
trying to achieve simply not possible at the moment.

Below is my skinny.conf;

[general]
port = 2000
Bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
dateFormat = D-M-Y
keepAlive = 120
; allow = all
; disallow =

[Ext104]
Device=SEP000E386DCF06
Version=P021114C	; version number from the phone
Nat=0
Callerid="Cisco IP Phone" <104>
Mailbox=1004
Callwaiting=1
Transfer=1
Threewaycalling=1
Context=default
Line => 104
Host=192.168.1.55

And this is the section from extensions.conf;

<snip>

Exten => 104,1,Dial(Skinny/104 at Ext104,20,tr)
Exten => 104,2,VoiceMail,u104
Exten => 104,102,VoiceMail,b104

<snip>

Many thanks,