[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, UFOs and...

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 07:48:58 MST 2004

On 08/04/2004 at 10:00 John Todd wrote:

>Any Day Now(tm).  Wasim has fallen off the face of the Earth, but
>I've seen with my own two eyes a working copy of the Iaxy from
>Digium, so this holds promise.  My request for a 1u 24-port IAX-based
>box that takes Digium daughterboards (FXO or FXS) generated some
>interest when a show of hands was asked for at the VON show... Bob
>Knight seemed to have an interest and some time on his hands.  ;-)

Nope, Wasim is alive and kicking and I have the demo iax phone here, it's currently doing a tour of Europe and then is off to the USA... (complete with mouse cheese ;) ). I also have an IAXy here and can confirm it works very well (except for not being able to turn of ADSI eerrk).. I've mentioned a couple of times that I'd like to see an equivalent of an IAXy channel bank device (much like you describe) unfortuantely this idea was pooh-poohed by people who simply had no interest in it. I'd be prepared to take a look, but telecoms electronics is not my field...

Andy