[Asterisk-Users] quadBRI and UK ISDN2e

stan stan at saticed.me.uk
Thu Apr 8 06:10:16 MST 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:37:43PM +0100, Jon Fautley wrote:
> Morning Asterikians,
>
> I've just got my nice shiny quadBRI card, and it seems to be working
> very well - except for one little issue - CallerID.
>
> The card is currently connected to an ISDN2e line in P2P mode, and an S0
> adapter on our existing alcatel PBX.

Is this an omnipcx?

> The S0 connection recieves callerID
> and displays it correctly - the 2e line doesn't, and BT have said that
> CLID was enabled on the line two days ago. Does anyone have any pointers
> on this?

I assume the callerid is also being displayed on the alcatel handsets?
or is this just callerid generated on internal calls?

If it is then that should show the bt line is setup correctly.  I have
callerid working from a bt 2e line in ptp mode using zaphfc.  So
assuming the bri-stuff versions match the only difference would be the
quadbri card.  Not sure where that leads because I think/thought all the
callerid stuff would be handled by libpri from a q.931 SETUP message on
the d-channel and not be driver/card specific.

I could only get my s0 box to operate in ptmp mode, so there would be
change in the signalling line in zapata.conf, but then if you weren't
changing that nothing tends to work rather than just callerid.  I also
note that you have to match the msn assigned to the s0 when dialling out
through the omnipcx whereas bt doesn't seem to be as fussy, but again
nothing todo with callerid.