[Asterisk-Users] New Zealand indications.conf

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Thu Apr 8 00:55:37 MST 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Matt Riddell wrote:

> Here are the settings for New Zealand indications.  I have tested them and
> call progress works...voicemail messages used to contain 50 seconds of
> disconnect tones, now just 2.

<snipped the detail>

So, all you did was update indications.conf with what you posted, and
everything worked?  Wow...

Wait a minute...  What kind of hardware are you using?

I am fighting with making the Zap stuff recognise and generate proper
tones for AU (on my X100P and TDM cards).  Just updating indications.conf
does not work for me -- the simple switch generates different tones that
are unrelated to what I've coded there (I've tested this with an extension
that runs a bunch of PlayTones() apps -- PlayTones is correct, but the
simple switch does its own thing).  As for analogue call progress, forget
it -- having read the code, I cannot see how it could work at all on any
service that does not present US tones.

(Digium et.al. -- please don't take this as criticism.  You guys have to
scratch the biggest and most annoying itches first!  I wish I had the time
and skill to contribute detection routines for other areas.  Skill is the
main problem for me, since progress tones in the US, based on MF tones as
they are, are much easier to code to recognise than AU tones which are all
different cadences - and in some cases, amplitudes - of the same single
frequency tone.)

Matt, good for you!

Cheers,
Vic Cross