[Asterisk-Users] Quick Caller ID and Voicemail ?s

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Apr 7 18:35:58 MST 2004

[apologies for top-posting]

I am very interested in what providers typically take CNAM via ISDN.
I have some experience with PRI providers, but I've never heard of
one offering that service.

If you are a PRI provider in the lower 48 who takes CNAM and can pass
that off to the PSTN, please get in touch with me off-list,
especially if you handle SIP outbound to your gateways.  I may not
buy service from you (or maybe I will!) but I'd be very interested in
hearing what the particulars are about your offering so I can bring
those elements to the table with my current providers.

This would be a big benefit for those of us trying to make The Phone
System a little more dynamic than the sluggish monster that it
currently is.  An SQL call and instant re-write for a name is a lot
faster/better/more useful than sending a spreadsheet to the carrier
every month.

JT