[Asterisk-Users] Newbie question

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 14:07:52 MST 2004

This is a fairly simple thing to do. You don;t say what type of phones you are using, so I;ll assume SIP for the example:

Step 1:

Put

callerid="Darren" <1234>

for each phone definition in sip.conf, obviously replacing Darren with the user eg "Darren Nay" or "Joe Bloggs", then replace the 1234 with their extension number. The format looks a little odd with the <1234> outside the quotes, but it's correct.

In your extensions.conf:

exten => *55,1,Ringing
exten => *55,2,Wait(1)   ; Make the user feel like something is happening
exten => *55,3,VoiceMailMain(s${CALLERIDNUM})

The last line will not prompt for a password, if you omit the 's' it will...

HTH

Andy