[Asterisk-Users] res_motv: Request for Comment

James Hines telephony at athenium.com
Wed Apr 7 08:27:44 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 23:31, Mark Spencer wrote:

> Any feedback on:
>
> a) The idea itself -- is it a good one or is it stupid?

I like the idea of being able to see what updates/fixes are available
vs. the code that I'm running. I think this would definitely be helpful
to me.

> b) The way to make it deployed without sneaking a "call home" in on
> anybody that doesn't want it?

Like others on here, I'd like to see it as a console command - I'd like
to be able to come into the office in the morning and type 'check motv'
on the console, and see if there's anything I need/want. Having it
auto-phone-home on startup wouldn't be too useful for me, since this
would only occur when we were already performing an upgrade. As far as
the periodic message, again that wouldn't be too useful, I wouldn't be
looking at the console to see the results.

jwsh