[Asterisk-Users] The maximum capacity of MeetMe

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Apr 7 06:42:46 MST 2004

Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

><quote who="Andrew Thompson">
>

>>I regret that I've only used MeetMe a few times, and only up to two users.
>>

>Well, the problem with giving general stats, is that it REALLY depends on the
>exact environment.
>
>Key points: (on a server dedicated for conferences only)
>  o number of channels
>  o types of channels
>  o codecs used (and ratio)
>  o number of conferences
>  o number of channels in the conferences
>
>Then givin the interupt load, cpu load, i/o load, memory load and bandwidth for
>each of these variables, you can find what hardware will run the load you want.

If people are looking for a higher-capacity conferencing application,
take a look at app_conference, in the iaxclient (on sourceforge) CVS.
I haven't really benchmarked meetme, but I _think_ that app_conference
might be able to beat it.  Certainly in it's designed application it
will (iax clients which use VAD on the client side).