[Asterisk-Users] Strange SIP issue (again)

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at appwares.com
Wed Apr 7 05:39:09 MST 2004

Hi,

just to repeat my previous post (and trying to find a solution):

Setup is * behind NAT.

I can use FWD (time service, echo server) without problems when I add
this to sip.conf:

externip=a.b.c.d    ; a.b.c.d is the IP of the router (Linux/Nat)
outside_addr=a.b.c.d

My ICH however now responds with:

-- Got SIP response 481 "Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist" back from
213.137.73.140

If I leave the above section out, ICH works fine for outbound calls but
FWD is quiet. I have yet to get inbound calls to work.

So fix this scenario, my suggestion would be to change the * sources so
that the externip/outside_addr variables can be set/disabled for
individual SIP providers rather than globally.

Regards
Andreas