[Asterisk-Users] Quick Caller ID and Voicemail ?s

Kyle Thomas kyle at shell.monmouth.com
Tue Apr 6 17:59:04 MST 2004

SCP=Service control point (database that houses name to number)
SCP DIP = Query to an SCP via the SS7 network
ISUP = SS7 signaling for call setup and teardown (equivalent of
invite,ringing,ok,bye)
IAM = Initial address message (equal to the SIP invite )
LNP= Local number portability (uses the SS7 network as a backbone). This
let's people keep thier phone number and switch service providers.

There is nothing quick about "quick caller id". The far end Telco will
override the name infomration sent to the PSTN and perform thier dips
regardless, overwriting the info you are trying sending out. We are a CLEC so,
therefore we store, therefore it works..