[Asterisk-Users] Non working 800 numbers

Jeff Crews jeff at eoni.com
Tue Apr 6 16:25:15 MST 2004

I just dialed all those numbers you gave that failed for you from my Cisco
7960 speaking SIP to my Asterisk box that is connected via PRI (to my CLEC
switch) which is connected to the PSTN.

When you have explicitly sent the caller id (ANI) try calling another phone
from your Asterisk PBX (like on your desk, your cell phone, or some other
that is connected to something on PSTN that is hopefully connected to
another carrier network) that displays caller ID digits to see if at least
the correct caller ID number comes through.  This will help to confirm the
ANI is getting through Asterisk and on to the PSTN.  The name may not
show...but at least the number should be correct.  It is possible you are
sending the ANI but it is getting removed some place in your local
carrier's switch or someone other switch before it gets to these toll-free
numbers that fail.  I have found if I fail to send caller ID digits (ANI)
some calls are not completed when I dial them.

Just as a test I commented out this line in my sip.conf for my Cisco 7960
phone:
callerid="Jeff Crews" <(541) 624-2611)>

and now I cannot call any of numbers I just said I could dial...I get this
recording
"your call did not go through please try your call again 0 9 3 T"

with no failure logged on the Asterisk console.

I restored my callerid line from above, told Asterisk to reload the
config...and I hit the redial button on the call that would not
complete...and it works now.  So...I know that the caller ID can have an
impact.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

At 01:18 PM 4/6/2004, Matthew Branton wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>I am having a strange problem with certain 800 numbers not working,
>specifically
>American Airlines
>800-882-8880
>800- 843-3000
>800- 237-7976
>and
>UPS
>800-742-5877
>
>I can't seem to figure out what is causing them not to pick up. Prior to
>using asterisk on our outbound PRI lines there was no problem. I tried
>explicitly setting callerid/ani etc on outbound calls, but so far no dice.
>Has anyone else had a similiar problem? What was the solution?  Thanks,
>
>Matt

---
Jeff Crews
Eastern Oregon Net, Inc.
La Grande Oregon
Email jcrews at eoni.com
Voice 541-963-2625 or 800-785-7873,  extension 11
personal efax 503-907-6704
standard company fax 541-962-7818
web http://www.eoni.com