[Asterisk-Users] WAMi - Windows Asterisk Manager

Christian Hoffmeyer christian at yottadot.org
Tue Apr 6 10:31:48 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Dennick" <joe at dennick.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 5:52 AM
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] WAMi - Windows Asterisk Manager

> I've managed to connect to manager OK.  You need to edit
> /etc/asterisk/manager.conf to enable Asterisk Manager, set up the
> Manager User and password.  The WAMiconf.xml file needs to be placed in
> the directory where WAMi is installed, usually C:\Program
> Files\Asterisk\WAMi.  There is an example WAMiconf.xml file in the
> Zipped archive that you downloaded.
>
> Although I can get the application to run and connect to Asterisk, I
> haven't been able to get it to transfer a call from one extension to
> another.  The status indicators work well, and the Speed Dial functions
> as expected.  So far, this is the best of the GUI Interfaces that I've
> come across, there's just a couple of bugs to work out.

You have to setup your extensions properly.

Read the readme and see how the xml tags interact with this dialplan for my
extension

;
; Christian
;
exten => 9001,1,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => 9001,2,Dial(Zap/4,20,tr)
exten => 9001,3,Voicemail(u1000)
exten => 9001,103,Voicemail(b1000)
exten => 9001,9996,Dial(Zap/4,20,tm)
exten => 9001,9997,Goto(africa,8${EXTEN:1},1)
exten => 9001,9998,MusicOnHold()
exten => 9001,9999,Goto(BYEXTENSION,103)
exten => 8001,1,Answer
exten => 8001,2,Wait(1)
exten => 8001,3,VoicemailMain(s1000)
exten => 8001,4,Congestion