[Asterisk-Users] How to use ZapHFC ?

Martin Schenkelberg martin_s at gmx.net
Tue Apr 6 09:31:06 MST 2004

I tried to setup an PBX System with the following parties:

1. SIP Phones

2. One AVM ISDN Card with CHAN_CAPI for Outbound dialing and receiving
external calls

3. One HFC-S PCI Card in NT-Mode with ZapHfc for physical ISDN Phones.

1+2 work perfect

I have problems with part 3

Card is working, drivers loading fine, asterisk initializes chan_zap without
problems. Demo did work.

My problem is that if i take off the handset the Asterisk starts dialing
without presenting a dialtone. It dials an empty string wich could not work.

If i type in the phone number first an then take off the handset the call
works fine.

How can i change this  i want asterisk to present a dialtone to the isdn
phones first. After a Timeout asterisk should hang up.

Can anyone post an example config please?

Thank You, M.Schenkelberg

Part of EXTENSIONS.CONF

Note:  CAPI and SIP posts to Context DEFAULT
            ZAPHFC posts to Context ISDN

[default]
;
; By default we include the demo.  In a production system, you
; probably don't want to have the demo there.
;
exten => s,1,Dial(${exten})

exten => 792,1,Dial(SIP/792,${VBOXTIME},tr)
exten => 792,2,VoiceMail,u792
exten => 792,102,VoiceMail,b792

;exten => 793,1,Dial(SIP/793,${VBOXTIME},tr)
exten => 793,1,Dial(Zap/g1/793,${VBOXTIME},tr)
exten => 793,2,VoiceMail,u793
exten => 793,102,VoiceMail,b793

exten => 794,1,Dial(SIP/794,${VBOXTIME},tr)
exten => 794,2,VoiceMail,u794
exten => 794,102,VoiceMail,b794

; Or a conference room (you'll need to edit meetme.conf to enable this room)
;
exten => 5555,1,Meetme,5555

;Mailbox

exten => 6666,1,Ringing
exten => 6666,2,Wait(2)
exten => 6666,3,VoicemailMain
exten => 6666,4,Wait(1)
exten => 6666,5,Hangup

;externalcalling
exten => _9.,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _.,2,Dial,CAPI/${CALLERIDNUM}:bBYEXTENSION

[isdn]
include => default

exten => s,1,Wait,1			;Dont know exactly what to do here??????? (HELP)
exten => s,2,Hangup

;
; CAPI config
;
;
[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8

[interfaces]

msn=794,792,793
incomingmsn=*
controller=1
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=default
;echosquelch=1
;echocancel=yes
;echotail=64
callgroup=1
deflect=12345678
devices=2

;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[channels]
;
; Default language
;
;language=en
;
; Default context
;
;
switchtype = euroisdn
; p2mp TE mode
;signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
; p2p TE mode
;signalling = bri_cpe
; p2mp NT mode
signalling = bri_net_ptmp
; p2p NT mode
;signalling = bri_net

pridialplan=local
echocancel=yes
immediate=no
group = 2
context=isdn
channel => 1-2

# hfc-s pci a span definition
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
#loadzone=nl
#defaultzone=nl
loadzone=de
defaultzone=de