[Asterisk-Users] Softphone (with USB headset) for Mac recommendations

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Apr 6 08:39:21 MST 2004

Well, I have my 7940 up and running at home, and everything's working
pretty much perfectly.  So, it's time to find new things to break :-).
The problem de jour is long-distance calling from work: I can use my
cell phone, but I'm in an inside office on the 42nd floor and it's
really hard to get good reception.  So, I'm thinking about running a
softphone on my Mac laptop and using it.  The big problem is that my
office is *noisy*--I'm currently sharing it with a pile of Cisco
routers and a number of 1U servers with beefy fans.  So, I need a good
USB headset that can cope with noisy conditions.  Oh, yeah, and it'd be
nice if it was cheap.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Would I be better off spending the
$65 for a cheezy budgetone then $20 on a headset, and $20 on software,
and $25 on a better headset, and so forth?

Scott