[Asterisk-Users] Largescale Asterisk setup - 1000 external lines

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 6 07:04:42 MST 2004

guenther at softhome.net wrote:

> Hi there
> Does anyone know if it is possible to install a largescale asterisk
> cluster with up to 1000 external lines.
> Redundancy and loadbalancing would surely be a must for a such system,
> but which other things should be considered?

Are you planning on using analog or IP phones for users?

If IP phones you need to look at choice of codec, network bandwidth for
the X000 users, how you will allocate users to servers and how users
allocated to various servers will communicate with one another.. If a
server fails how will you redirect the clients that were attached to
that server to another server?

Then there is the issue of line selection since you can't connect 1000
lines to a single server, how will this be load balanced?

If you are trying to create an SSI cluster I think you have you work cut
out for you because AKAIK it can't be done yet and Asterisk does not yet
share registeration information between servers..

Good luck!!