[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Mon Apr 5 14:26:32 MST 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:16:39AM -0500, Bob Klepfer wrote:
> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
> >Richard Airlie wrote:
> >
> >>On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 02:33:08PM +0200, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> >>
> >>And now leads me to ask... why should my SIP softphones be unable to
> >>register? They are on the same subnet as asterisk. If i have sip debug
> >>turned on, shouldn't I at least be seeing some action on the Asterisk
> >>console when they try to register?
> >
> >Turn on SIP debug and you'll be able to see what happens.
> >Check with "sockstat -l" if Asterisk is listening to port 5060.
> >Also, make sure you start asterisk with a lot of -vvvvv to get debug
> >output.
> >

> Since you see no SIP traffic with SIP debug on, is ipfw blocking SIP?

I'm actually running IPFilter, but I've checked the logs and it definitely
isn't blocking any SIP traffic. And I've also confirmed that Asterisk is
listening on port 5060 with netstat.

So.. Asterisk is running, listening on UDP port 5060, the firewall hasn't
logging any blocked packets, and yet my IP softphones still cant register.
This leads me to believe I must be doing something really stupid.

My Asterisk server is 192.168.100.3. Kphone is running on 192.168.100.13,
and SJPhone is on 192.168.100.11. I'm configuring the softphones
so that they register with the (outbound) proxy at 192.168.100.3. I've
set their IDs to be sip:username at 192.168.100.3, and created the appropriate
username and password in sip.conf on Asterisk. I turn sip debug on at the
Asterisk console, then restart the phones. They log lots of attempts to
register in the softphone windows, but Asterisk doesn't see anything at all.

(I can also get the softphones to talk directly to one another and they seem
to be working fine).

I guess my next step will be tcpdump.. but any other suggestions most
welcomed!

best,
Richard.