[Asterisk-Users] The maximum capacity of MeetMe

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Apr 5 10:58:47 MST 2004

> I regret that I've only used MeetMe a few times, and only up to two users.
>
> Perhaps others that are using MeetMe could comment on the number of
> concurrent conferences and total users they have asterisk running with.
> The
> specs of the systems involved would be most helpful.

I have set up a conference with four people on a very low-end box.  The
voice quality was very good.  All four were connected using VoIP.  Three
were using IAX2 clients, and one was using a SIP hardphone.  I suspect the
system could have easily scaled much further -- the CPU and memory usage
were fairly low.

Jeremy McNamera told me that he has run conferences with 184 users (two of
the Quad-PRI cards) with out any problems.  I also ran into a number of
users at the VON show who are using Asterisk as a conference server
(including the Pingtel team!).

As for system specs, I believe that Jeremy's system is based on a
dual-processor (P-IV 2.4 GHz) Dell 1750 server with several GB of RAM.  My
low end box was a 1.7 GHz Celeron with 256 MB.