[Asterisk-Users] Redhat 9 OVER, Fidora Support, comments please.

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 5 06:52:56 MST 2004

James Gardiner wrote:

>Hi *ers,
>I recently got an Email from Redhat about the dropping of support for Redhat
>9 on the 30 of April and that Fedora Project is the recommended future,
>otherwise, RedHat enterprise ($$$).

Yup, this has been coming up for a while now..

>Considering this, I would like some feed back on the Fedora Project from
>users who may be using it, and how its going with Asterisk?  Are there any
>problems?

I have started converting my systems to it and so far I have 3 servers
and my desktop running FC1..

>Is the Asterisk development team got Fedora Project in mind and fully
>supported?

FC1 is basically what RHL10 would have been so compatibility is really
the same as for RH9, the only issie is there appears to be an issue with
the version of bison than comes with FC1 and Asterisk.. Installing the
RH9 version of Bison solves the problem..

Later..