[Asterisk-Users] Please help

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Mon Apr 5 06:27:46 MST 2004

I am only just starting out with * myself, but believe it or not I had
the same problems not more than a couple of days ago.

1) With the X-Lite clients I was able to connect a call amongst them,
but unable to hear a thing.  (Same problem I suspect).  The problem
ended up being that the * server was not sending which audio protocol
back to the client.  (It was only send the DTMF protocol, which means
that if you hit a number it would be heard.)  I added the following
lines to my sip.conf file and everything worked properly:

[general]
; normal general settings go here
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm

2) The scripts have been moved to the /usr/src/asterisk/contrib/scripts/
subdirectory.  Once you run the script it will prompt you for the
context, which I have left blank, and the extension.

3) I don't know because I haven't gotten that far.

Hope this helps,

Robert Jackson