[Asterisk-Users] Silence suppression on SIP calls generated from Asterisk?

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Mon Apr 5 05:34:37 MST 2004

Yeah, funny thing is I saw this problem just last night while messing around
with music on hold. I had VAD on the SIP phone on and the MOH would stop
unless I talked. I thought it was quite weird when it happened; now it makes
sense.

I've heard that Asterisk derives its timing in strange ways, but I've been
wondering why it doesn't use the machine's clock (real-time interrupt, not
wall-clock).

-brian