[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Problem and Question

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Sun Apr 4 21:49:24 MST 2004

Dear Asterisk Users.

I have been setting up IAX between two servers, one in the USA and the other
in UK so that I can pass help desk and general calls from one call center to
another.

I seem to be having an issue. When I set up IAX between my two servers I get
into trouble when doing a reload on the CLI. Almost as if the system had
gone into a loop reading the configuration.

I also have a question, if I use the switch command i.e.  switch =>
IAX2/brunswick:xxxx at xx.xx.xx.55/sip and switch =>
IAX2/dornoch:xxxx at xx.xx.xx.56/sip can I point to the same context? Or does
the context on each pbx need to be unique.

Thanks and Regards

Shad Mortazavi
Nexus Technical Manager
n|m Nexus Management Inc