[Asterisk-Users] SIP Registration Errors

Thomas Mangin thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 12:46:03 MST 2004

Larry Keyes wrote:

>Hi...I've got two Grandstream phones attached to my Asterisk on the same
>subnet. The phones have fixed IP addresses. Asterisk is generated an error
>for one of them only, even though both appear to be registered correctly.
>The current state of the sip.conf is included below.  Anyone know what is
>going on here? Both appear to be working fine between each other and between
>themselves in and outbound to an X100p card.

I saw the same problem with both CVS version with SJPhone and X-lite. I
do not own a Grandstream those your settings may be slightly different.

To fix the problem I :
 - changed my SIP definition
 - stop and started asterisk (IMPORTANT: reload did not work)

The [] part is really used as the username on the phone . I am not even
sure the username= is used for anything !!
Make sure as well you do not mix phone name and extension number.
My phone is SIP/thomas, my extension is 1505

[thomas]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
; your dtmf mode may be right for your phone ... No idea.
username=thomas
secret=supersecret
callerid="Thomas Mangin" <1505>
context=default
mailbox=1505

;auth=md5
;reinvite=no
;canreinvite=no
;qualify=1000
;defaultip=10.0.0.10
;restrictcid=no

*CLI> sip show users
Username         Secret          Authen           Def.Context      A/C
thomas           supersecret     md5,plaintext    default          No

Try this and if it work change one thing at the time and RESTART * as
reload can cause some surprise.
I can not recall if host=dynamic and defaultip are compatible but I
think there are.

Hope it helps, I only have few hours experience with * myself.

Thomas