[Asterisk-Users] Using externip in sip.conf with DNS name

Markus Engelbrecht asterisk at me3.de
Sun Apr 4 09:31:19 MST 2004

Hello,

I tried to find out, when a domain name is checked when I use a domain name
instead of a IP Address for externip in the sip.conf but I did found
something on that. Does someone knows the behavior on that?
My problem is, that I have a dynamic IP address outside. This IP-address
will be changed at least after 24 hours. So I used a dynamic IP-address
service to get my external IP-Address. It is working fine, but I saw that
after I got a new IP-Address Asterisk was sending out still the old external
IP Address...
So, is this external IP address only checked during a startup of Asterisk or
is there function to force the check of the external IP on a regular base?

Hope, someone can help me...

Best regards,
Markus