[Asterisk-Users] FireFly Problem

Jason Ross jason at bodgie.org
Sat Apr 3 07:30:30 MST 2004

G'Day,

I have a bit of FireFly problem that hopefully someone has seen before.
What happens is if I make to or receive a call from the FireFly network
the call will connect successfully. However, around 10 seconds after I
answer the call I am disconnected. The weird thing is same thing happens
if I make a call.

I've had a look at the * console and I can't see that my * PBX drops the
call, I've also run an iax2 debug and can't see anything out of the norm
there either.

I've configured the FF client to talk to my * PBX directly and it works
perfectly because I do not get any disconnects. I also have two other
IAX peers (voiptak and nufone) and they also work flawlessly. I'm ruling
out configuration issues as essentially this service is working for me,
but I'm open to suggestions..

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

JR

;
; Inter-Asterisk eXchange driver definition
;
;
; General settings, like port number to bind to, and
; an option address (the default is to bind to all
; local addresses).
;
[general]
;port=4569
;bindaddr=192.168.2.5
;
; You may specify a global default AMA flag for iaxtel calls.  It must be
; one of 'default', 'omit', 'billing', or 'documentation'.  These flags
; are used in the generation of call detail records.
;
;amaflags=default
;
; You may specify a default account for Call Detail Records in addition
; to specifying on a per-user basis
;
;accountcode=lss0101
;
; Specify bandwidth of low, medium, or high to control which codecs are used
; in general.
;
bandwidth=low
;
; You can also fine tune codecs here using "allow" and "disallow" clauses
; with specific codecs.  Use "all" to represent all formats.
;
;allow=all                      ; same as bandwidth=high
;disallow=g723.1                ; Hm...  Proprietary, don't use it...
disallow=lpc10                  ; Icky sound quality...  Mr. Roboto.
allow=gsm                       ; Always allow GSM, it's cool :)
allow=speex
;
; You can also adjust several parameters relating to the jitter
; buffer.  Specifically, you can provide a maximum jitter buffer,
; you can turn it off entirely, and you can specify an acceptable
; drop rate (per MEMORY_SIZE, by default 3 of 100).  Disabling the
; jitter buffer is not recommended.  Finally, you can specify the maximum
; excess jitter buffer, which if exceeded, causes the jitter buffer to
; slowly shrink in order to improve latency.
;
jitterbuffer=yes
dropcount=3
maxjitterbuffer=500
maxexccessbuffer=100
;
;trunkfreq=20                   ; How frequently to send trunk msgs (in ms)
;
;
; We can register with another IAX server to let him know where we are
; in case we have a dynamic IP address for example
;
register => usernam:password at iaxtel.com
register => username:password at firefly.virbiage.com
;
; Finally, you can set values for your TOS bits to help improve
; performance.  Valid values are:
;   lowdelay            -- Minimize delay
;   throughput          -- Maximize throughput
;   reliability         -- Maximize reliability
;   mincost             -- Minimize cost
;   none                -- No flags
;
tos=lowdelay

[FireFly]