[Asterisk-Users] Seattle IAX Termination

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Fri Apr 2 19:17:16 MST 2004

On Apr 2, 2004, at 4:59 PM, Duane wrote:

> Muiz Motani wrote:
>> Does anybody know of any commercial providers of IAX termination with
>> DIDs in the Seattle, WA area? I believe the area codes are:
>> 425, 206, 253
>> Failing any commercial providers, is there anybody in the seattle
>> area running Asterisk with a PRI coming in who might be willing to
>> sell me an IAX trunk with a DID in Seattle?
>
> I'm sure this was mentioned the other day...
>
> www.ipkall.com
>
> Free DID -> SIP, not quite IAX but works fine just the same with
> Asterisk

Two things.  First, they don't seem to give out Seattle numbers; the
one they gave me was Olympia, which is long distance from Seattle.
Second, I can't get my incoming line from them to give a ringing sound
on the line.  When I call it, the local phone rings, but the caller
hears dead air until someone answers (or voicemail kicks in).  My
NuFone DID (over IAX) works fine.

Scott