[Asterisk-Users] DIAX Followup

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Fri Apr 2 16:18:58 MST 2004

No one responded to the original, nor to my followup. So, here I am
again following up my own followup :-)

I was speaking with a colleague of mine today who is running * at his
office and at home. He told me that he was using iaxcomm and couldn't
hear any sounds. I told him that I had the same problem with DIAX
(after it was working flawlessly for a month).

He told me that he did a "cvs up", rebuilt *, and the problem went
away. Instantly, I realized I was bitten by the same cvs bug. I had a
working system, I did a cvs up because I thought I had a transcoding
problem after I bought some g729 licenses, and the next time I ran
DIAX, it failed. At the time, I didn't make the connection that I had
done a cvs up that day, because it never occurred to me that something
as simple as a direct IAX connection would be broken by updating *.

Anyway, after updating to cvs from today, DIAX is once again working
great for me, and I thought I'd share that tidbit with anyone else who
might be silently pulling their hair out wondering what's wrong in
their config that used to work...