[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question: ISDN and Capacity Planning

Chris Travers chris at metatrontech.com
Fri Apr 2 11:30:31 MST 2004

Hi all;

I am planning a PBX/Voice mail system for a small business (approx 12
employees with phones).  They have an inbound ISDN PRI, which is
probably irrelevant because all inbound calls are routed first to
receptionists which rarely route the calls on (client is a medical clinic).

Any idea what sort of capacity planning I should be looking at?  Any
minimum and optimal figures would be good, as my bid will include
redundant systems.  Any hidden gotchas with ISDN I should be familiar with?

It should be noted that phone use among most of the staff is low to
average-- calls are rarely routed back to the doctors/nurses but they
have occasional need to call out.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting