[Asterisk-Users] Have Voice Mail tell the extension?

Zot O'Connor zot at zotconsulting.com
Thu Apr 1 15:28:00 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 07:51, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> Is there an easy way to make the voicemail system say the extension
> number after the directory find (via name)?
>
> People want to know the extension once they have found the person to
> speed up the process.
>
> Thanks!

Actually I solved the problem (BTW asking people to leave it in their
voicemails only works if you get voicemail...  otherwise you have to
answer your phone with the extension).

        exten => 102,1,Playback(transfer)
        exten => 102,2,NoOp("Test")
        exten => 102,3,SayDigits(${EXTEN})

I put the noop in there since sometime the beginning of SayDigits was
dropped.

This works very well.

Zot O'Connor <zot at zotconsulting.com>
White Knight Hackers, Inc.