[Asterisk-Users] Can't block CallerID outbound

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Thu Apr 1 15:07:27 MST 2004

Curious if anyone else has run into this.

I am testing this with a Sipura-2000 with firmware rev 1.0.33. On FC1 with
Asterisk 1.0 Stable branch 4/1/2004 CVS (no April fools jokes please :) )

The Sipura has the ability so when you dial *67 it turns ON CID block and *68
turns it back off. (This is for outbound calls)

When I *67 (activate CID Block) dial, and look at the SIP INVITE I see that it
added "Anonymous" in the "From: Field"

When I *68 and look at the SIP INVITE "Anonymous" is no longer in the "From:"
field, instead it has the SIP UserName.

So I think the Sipura is doing it's job. However even though the "From:" field
is set to "Anonymous" my callerID still gets sent through to the called
number.

I realize that Asterisk gets my callerID from the sip.conf file callerid=
"Name"
<555-555-5555> but isn't Asterisk supposed to Block the callerID if it sees
"Anonymous" in the SIP INVITE ?

Oh, FWIW - the other *XX features like call forwarding work fine hopefully
ruleing out dtmf and dial plan issues etc..

Thanks
-bh

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.