[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk call forwarding / remote dial-in/out?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 1 14:46:25 MST 2004

Angus Berry wrote:

>I haven't found this in any docs or faqs yet, so I'm wondering if I can
>achieve what I would like to do.
>
>On an Asterisk PBX with multiple PSTN lines, I'd like to call in from
>one PSTN line, probably via cellphone and access the PBX as if I were
>local to it. From here I'd like to get a dial tone and call back out. I
>know this isn't exactly call forwarding per se, but I'm wondering if
>this can be done.
>
>thanks

Simply drop your inbound call to a contaxt that has access to outbound
lines.. You may want to put a pin onto it so you don't get everyone
using it and running up your phone bills..

You could extend on this and have a callback as well, so the yser calls
in, the system then calls them back and offers them a dialtone..

Really shouldn't be hard to do, just dig around the handbook and the
other Asterisk info sires and you should be able to put it together..

Later