[Asterisk-Users] Meet Me and G.729

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Apr 1 07:00:44 MST 2004

>  Hello !!
> I want to use MeetMe by G729.
> Can it be used if you buy a license?
> Please help me!!

Yes, works fine here. I'm using a mixture of Cisco 7960's with G711 and
a Snom 200 with G729, and both can use the MeetMe function just fine at
the same time. I just tested now to validate it. I'm running
CVS-03/20/04-11:54:56 stable.

Be very careful with assumptions as to how many G729 licenses to buy. In
some cases, a single call may require two licenses depending upon exactly
what functions are accessed, etc. Better to error on too many licenses
then not enough as you're likely to spend a fair amount of time diagnosing
why certain functions stopped working if you only have one license.

Rich