[Asterisk-Users] CISCO 7940 and directory/services problem

James Gardiner asterisk at crafted.com.au
Thu Apr 1 05:42:54 MST 2004

Hello all,
I have been setting up a * system for my new office I plan to setup soon.
I have some CISCO 7940 phones.  All appears to be going well in regard to
phone calls etc.  Still getting my head around extensions voice mail etc.
getting it to work with X100P cards etc.

I have been trying to implement the DIRECTORIES button, and play with the
services buttons.

Reading from the voip-info site, I have the info from that, however, its not
working.
I am running firmware 6.3 on the phone.  Is there a possible change of
implementation? But usually backward compatibility would be covered.

I also tried pointing the Phone to the ones as listed on the voip-info site.
This kinda worked, but most pages don't and the phone just tries and tries
to get the page.
If listing a directories page, it comes back with an error "CMXML Error"

Any suggestions would help?

Thanks,
James Gardiner