[Asterisk-Users] * not logging CDR to MySQL - anyway I can debug this?

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Tue Sep 30 08:57:41 MST 2003

Hi all,

I think I've run out of options in terms of what I know about this.

I have created a user called asteriskuser and granted all privileges to
the asteriskcdrdb database.  Then I created the table via the
cdr_mysql.txt file.  I have edited the cdr_mysql.conf file to reflect
this, and added load => cdr_addon_mysql.so after compiling it from the
latest CVS.

If I check the Master.csv file in /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/ then I can
see that Asterisk is indeed logging calls, so no problem there, but I
don't know if it is connecting to the database, getting an error, even
attempting?

The database stays empty after placing or receieving calls.  What else
can I do to debug this and try to find out where Asterisk is failing to
write to the DB?  (yes, the database is started :))

I've verified that I can login to mysql with the username and password,
and it's fine.  Then I do a select * from asteriskcdrdb.cdr; to see if
anything has been written, and sure enough, just Empty.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Leif Madsen.