[Asterisk-Users] SIP Registration Difficulties

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Tue Sep 30 06:38:16 MST 2003

I have SIP registrations working correctly for FWD and Sipphone, but it
is impossible to connect to Sipcall or Nikotel, I saw that someone on
the list has problems with ICH.

To try and sort out the problem I tried to register to Sipcall with
Linphone and sent the dialogs to tech support of the equipment provider.

Here is their answer:-

        The reason the registration fails is because not all of the
        required
        authentication parameters are provided by Linphone.

        The Linphone does not send nc (nonce-count), qop (quality of
        protection)
        and cnonce (client nonce). It is then not fully compatible with
        the
        standard specification on the authentication scheme used for SIP
        (RFC
        2617).

        Some SIP servers (sipcall.co.uk for example) may not accept this
        as it
        would make them vulnerable for replay attacks.

Is this also the case with *? That may explain the registration
problems.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>