[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Vocaltec

Peter Zeltins peter at fintrading.com
Tue Sep 30 04:56:42 MST 2003

Hi all,

I've got my dirty hands on (free!) Vocaltec 4-port FXO/FXS gateway. It is
used unit, I managed to configure correct IP settings in it but am somewhat
at loss how to integrate it into my existing Asterisk network. I have no
H323 gatekeeper, no Vocaltec Network Manager software, and am not familiar
with Vocaltec products at all. While H323 support is compiling on my
Asterisk box I was wondering if anyone has experience with such a setup -
potential pitfalls, Asterisk dialstrings etc. I intend to access the box
directly via H323 (bypassing gatekeeper) as it's on static & public IP.

TIA,
Peter