[Asterisk-Users] CDR Web Search Frontend

Jamie Carl geek at jazz-inc.net
Tue Sep 30 00:32:58 MST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:02:06 -0700
  "Paul Crick" <web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com> wrote:
>>   itemised billing from a telco, User Accessable)
>Sounds good. Would you want to extend it any, using place
>names etc? So
>calls to +1604xxx show up as "Canada" or "BC, Canada" (or
>even "Vancouver
>BC, Canada") or am I just being a bit too ambitious (and
>annoying) there?

Yes ambitious, No, not annoying, and my comment is "oh my
god, who's going to collate a list of Names/Area-codes??
 Stuffed if I'm doing it. :)

>;-)
>
>> * Asterisk Management (initially based on PHPconfig)
>Can you elaborate on this a bit? Do you mean holding all
>the config
>parameters in databases which are either accessed
>natively or used to
>generate text config files (as many web hosting control
>panels do)? Or do
>you just mean including the existing web config stuff in
>to the bigger grand
>scheme, more or less as-is?

Personally, I havn't thought of integrating PHPConfig into
this.  I haven't really had a look at it either(i'm more
of a CLI guy), so I don't know what parts of it would be
useful for what we are trying to achieve.

>I like the ideas of user self service.. or user filtered
>access to the CDR
>stuff?
>
>Will there/should there be levels of user access and
>stuff to restrict
>access to certain areas?

Yes, user access restrictions are in mind.  Don't know how
we're going to do this yet, perhaps rape the agents.conf,
manager.conf or other pre-existing Asterisk conf file for
this info.  Otherwise, storing our own, or using .htpasswd
files mite be the go.

>Big can of worms we're opening, but I'm up for some PHP
>coding, I have spare
>cycles right now.. and with a snazzy front end, it's more
>value to
>Asterisk..

Mmm..  I like eating worms.  I ate lots as a kid. :)
Email me off-list if you're interested in joining the
jazz-wagon. :)  geek at jazz-inc.net

Regards,

Jamie Carl
Jazz Inc.