[Asterisk-Users] How to use vmdb.sql in voicemail.conf/extension.conf

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 23:47:48 MST 2003

Brian West wrote:

>You can't anymore MySQL was ripped from Asterisk because the client libs
>are GPL.
>
>bkw
>
>On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Manoj K Gupta wrote:

I still don't get this.. Asterisk is GPL (with an option of a commercial
licence), MySQL is GPL(with an option of a commercial licence on the
server) yet they are not compatible with each other..

Is this becasue of the dual licencing? if they were both just straight
GPL would they be compatible?

Later