[Asterisk-Users] RE: SIP i.e. Is something broken?

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Mon Sep 29 18:30:23 MST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, WipeOut wrote:
> Dave Weis wrote:
> >>I "checkout" rebuilt from CVS last night about 10:00 pm, and filed a bug
> >>report at that time.
> >>It isn't *all* SIP calls for me, btw; my ATA186 works just fine, but my
> >>Budgetone won't work with the "broken" code. . .
> >>It's as described in other mails--I can receive calls on the Budgetone
> >>but when I make them the RTP part is broken and the calls cut off the
> >>second they're set up.
> >I'm seeing the same thing with my budgetones and today's cvs. They are all
> >on the same network and worked on previous versions. I can call
> >voicemailmain and the console says that it is playing but I hear no sound.
> >Then it hangs up automatically.
> So the issue looks like it is to do with the Bugetone phones and the
> problem seems to have been introduced between Thurday last week and Sunday..
> The reason I say Thursday last week is becasue I checked out a fresh
> copy of the CVS today with the -D "last Thursday" switch and its working
> with the Bugetones..

That did it for me also. I did cvs co -D "last Thursday" asterisk. A rough
examination of the diff between the two chan_sip.c's show that work was
done on the codec negotiation. I think a bit more works needs done ;-)

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent