[Asterisk-Users] Help with GPL license of Asterisk

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 10:43:35 MST 2003

A maybe better sollution would be to replace MySQL with PostgreSQL.
PostgreSQL being covered by a BSD license allows it to be distributed
with Asterisk no mater how Asterisk is licensesd.  Check it out at
www.postgresql.org

--- Brian West <brian at bkw.org> wrote:
> I would also like some more info on this whole mysql being taken out
> of
> the core asterisk install.  I understand its because of the dual lic.
> that
> digium has.. gpl and comercial... why can't mysql be non-existant in
> the
> comercial version.  Then mysql would be compatible with asterisk?!?
> Or am
> I wrong about this...  Because I don't recall Open Source software
> having
> this much drama.

Then you haven't been around Open Source software long, have you.
There are many "wars" on going some going on many years now.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550